Introducing America’s brand-new icon: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez !!
In case you’ve tuned out politically, we’re here to tell you to wake the fuck back up and get involved! That’s what this 28 -year-old Latina did, and she just operated/ won her first ever campaign in New York’s 14 th congressional region on Tuesday!
Alexandria beat out 10 -term incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley! Contended the political patriarchy, queen!
We can’t wait to see what’s in store for her political career!
1. The moment she recognized she won Tuesday night’s election is EVERYTHING and precisely the same reasons we need more fervour like this in this country. Watch( below ):
This is the moment Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a 28 -year-old Latina extending her first campaign, discovered she had ousted 10 -term incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley in New York’s 14 th congressional region https :// t.co/ Q7namRbcEk pic.twitter.com/ D4lzJZo1z3
— CNN (@ CNN) June 27, 2018
2. This victory will likely stir Alexandria a very young person in Congress. Should she thump her Republican opponent in November, Ocasio will bring her progressive schedule to Washington. Here’s a print of what she stands for 😛 TAGEND
Here’s the veru reasonable agenda @Ocasio2018 28 year old Democratic Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won with, disturbing the incumbent Democrat in New York. Young females are changing politics, and it’s great. #SocDems pic.twitter.com/ ixdo2 36 lHw
— Peter Reid (@ peterkinvara) June 27, 2018
3. She was born and raised in the Bronx, the daughter of working class Puerto Rican mothers. She analyzed at Boston University and worked for Senator Ted Kennedy.
4. Alexandria operated in restaurants in order to substantiate her family after her father’s give. Last time, she was a bartender trying to make a living.
This photo is from Nov. 14, 2017. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, 28, was then operating as a bartender.
Less than a year later, she defeated the likely next Speaker of the House, and will almost certainly be a very young female ever elected to Congress pic.twitter.com/ JgHjdQWAF6
— Jeff Stein (@ JStein_WaPo) June 27, 2018
5. A period after he win, Alexandria is eventually get press. She won despite the New York Times ** never ** handling her during the campaign. Boss.
We hope this inspires you to stand up and use your voice !!!
[ Image via Instagram .]